Podcasts featuring Wardah:
Walk, Talk, Listen at UN CSocD61
- Wardah joined a panel of experts, during a virtual side event of the 61st UN Commission for Social Development (CSocD61), to discuss the Inner Development Goals (IDG). She shared her experience meeting children in Gaza as well as why Islamophobia is a pain point in her work.
- Speak up to fight injustice! Wardah Khalid's dream became a reality when she founded Poligon Education Fund to amplify American Muslim voices in Congress. I talked with her about that as well as her interfaith background, how NGOs can succeed in their diversity efforts, and her professional/civic engagement work to empower Muslims and marginalized communities.
- This week’s episode features an interview with Wardah Khalid, the amazing founder of Poligon, which works to amplify Muslim voices in Congress. Do we chat about the organization’s work? Yep! Do we chat about Wardah’s journey into politics? Also, yep! And, do we chat about the issues the organization tackles through a policy lens, like Islamophobia? Yep x 3!
- Wardah Khalid is a policy analyst, activist, career coach, and speaker on U.S. foreign policy - safe to say, Wardah is BUSY! She shares about her experience with burnout not only as a woman doing "all the things", but also as a woman of color in 2021 and what tools she used to shift into balance.
- In this conversation, Wardah discusses resume do's and dont's, why cover letters are so important, how to not close the door in our own face and how to better advocate for ourselves in the interview process.
- With today's political climate, Muslims find themselves in a position in which they are often alienated. And yet, we've still been able to demonstrate significant influence through social activism and various political campaigns, whether as the candidate running or as a crucial force in another politician's campaign. Aamina and Lelas sit down with 5 extraordinary individuals, each with a different presence in the political realm - Wardah Khalid, Kifah Shah, Ammar Shamaileh, Bushra Amiwala, and Varisha Khan.
- How Wardah changed careers from accounting to International Affairs and never looked back!
- What it’s like to speak to a member of Congress and the process behind it!
- Wardah’s involvement in the Iran Nuclear Deal and being part of history!
- We talked about her passion for political advocacy, Muslim involvement in US Politics, Muslim tropes & sweet stuff like chocolate, barfi & gulab jamun.
- On one side, people are afraid of Muslims. On the other side, Muslims are afraid of the people who hate them. What's going on and what can you do about it? Wardah Khalid shares the inside of what's really happening. Learn how she went from being a stable accountant to impacting an entire global community and how you can be a part of the greater change.